HAWAI‘I ISLAND LAWMAKERS DIVE INTO A PRODUCTIVE LEGISLATIVE SESSION
Hawaiʻi Island - Residents of House Districts 1 through 8 may look forward to watching their State Representatives serve in House leadership roles, and chair important Committees this upcoming session as the Hawai'i State Legislature convenes on Wednesday.
Representative Greggor Ilagan (D-4, Hawaiian Paradise Park, Hawaiian Beaches, Nānāwale Estates, Leilani Estates) was recently announced as Vice Speaker of the House.
"Great things in government are never done alone by one person. They are done by a team. We have a wonderful team in our Hawai'i Island delegation, and we look forward to a productive session," said Vice Speaker Ilagan.
Representative Chris Todd (D-3, Portion of Hilo, Keaukaha, Orchidlands Estate, ‘Āinaloa, Hawaiian Acres, Fern Acres, portions of Kurtistown and Keaʻau) serves as Majority Whip on the House Leadership team. He will oversee legislation and measures put forth by the Majority Caucus, which is composed of 45 House Democrats.
"We have so many vital needs and it's going to take a complete team effort to deliver for Hawai'i Island. Now is a great time for community members to reach out and share their thoughts, concerns, and hopes for the upcoming legislative session," said Representative Todd.
Here is a list of Hawai‘i State Representatives and their Committee Assignments
· Representative Mark M. Nakashima (D-1, Hamakua, portion of Hilo, Kaʻūmana)
o Chair, Consumer Protection & Commerce
· Representative Richard H.K. Onishi (D-2, Hilo)
o Committee member of: Consumer Protection & Commerce, Housing, Transportation
· Representative Chris Todd (D-3, Portion of Hilo, Keaukaha, Orchidlands Estate, Ainaloa, Hawaiian Acres, Fern Acres, portions of Kurtistown and Keaʻau)
o Majority Whip
o Chair, Transportation
o Committee Member of: Education, Higher Education & Technology, Housing
· Representative Greggor Ilagan (D-4, Hawaiian Paradise Park, Hawaiian Beaches, Nānāwale Estates, Leilani Estates)
o Vice Speaker
o Committee member of: Health & Homelessness, Human Services, Judiciary & Hawaiian Affairs, Legislative Management
· Representative Jeanné Kapela (D-5, Portions of Keaʻau, and Kurtistown, Mountain View, Glenwood, Fern Forest, Volcano, Pāhala, Punaluʻu, Nāʻālehu, Waiʻōhinu, Hawaiian Ocean View, Hoʻokena)
o Vice Chair, Higher Education & Technology
o Committee member of: Culture, Arts & International Affairs, Education, Labor & Government Operations
· Representative Kirstin A.K. Kahaloa (D-6, Hōnaunau, Nāpoʻopoʻo, Captain Cook, Kealakekua, Keauhou, Hōlualoa, Kailua-Kona)
o Vice Chair, Agriculture & Food Systems
o Committee member of: Energy & Environmental Protection, Finance
· Representative Nicole E. Lowen (D-7, Portion of Kailua-Kona, Honokōhau, Kalaoa, Puʻuanahulu, Puakō, portion of Waikoloa)
o Chair, Energy & Environmental Protection
o Committee member of: Agriculture & Food Systems, Consumer Protection & Commerce
· Representative David A. Tarnas (D-8, Hawi, Halaʻula, Waimea, Makahalau, Waikiʻi, Waikoloa, Kawaihae, and Māhukona)
o Chair, Judiciary & Hawaiian Affairs
House Communications: Cathy Lee | email@example.com